Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Ping

On Thursday 15 February 2007 8:03 am, Charles Moir wrote:
> So we still hope and look forward to the time where the community can
> help us develop the product and achieve that original goal to create the
> best graphics product that has ever existed on the Linux (and other)
> platforms.  We're still working very hard to make that happen.

This is great to hear.

I can certainly understand the frustration that I sense in your email but I
think Rob is right on all points. I can't foresee a lot of community support
as long as you or MAGIX or any future owners of the code can essentially
cripple the project by deciding to halt distribution of the binary.

By the way, I remember a lot of individuals early on interested in working on
translations. What ever happened to those efforts? I imagine being able to
ship localized versions of Xtreme would be quite valuable. This also might be
a good way to recruit some of the noncoders over at TalkGraphics.

On Thursday 15 February 2007 8:33 am, Scheper, Erik-Berndt wrote:
> I like XaraX (in fact, I also bought the Windows version and am still
> considering buying Pro). I would certainly invest if XaraX Pro would be
> migrated to linux as a commercial product.

This is exactly where I am at too.

--
Jed Frechette
http://jdfrechette.alturl.com