Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Moving to Cairo (was Ping)

On 22/02/07, Charles Moir <CharlesM@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]

I've even made available a version of the xaralx code that is
freely redistributable under the terms of the GPL alone, (no
additional permissions granted), as it does not include the
CDraw binary.
More than that, because no one wants a fork, so I'd say we'd help make
this happen in the official SVN builds. i.e. we create a branch, or just
the modify the main version, so that it can be used with Cairo instead
of / as well as CDraw.
Yes we find this interesting and we'd support this work. It's a way of
solving the CDraw problem in the short term until I get some definitive
answers about its future.  It's a way to create an entirely free Xara
Xtreme, so there'd no longer be an excuse about 'it's not free so I
won't work  on it'. It's way in which all the Linux Distributions can
take it without question.

It's not the perfect solution, but it is a very good answer and a good
way forward right now.

Charles

This is great news -- I hope this move allows the project to build
more momentum, even if it's more politically significant than
technically.

Maybe we will see that Mac version... eventually.  : )

Good luck on the conversion.