Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] MacOSX Bundle

Phil Martin wrote:

I have created a prototype bundle for XaraLX on Mac OS X. (A Mac OS X bundle is analogous to a RISC OS !Application folder, for those who go back that far.)

I propose to check it into SVN (without the executable, of course) in the root of the XaraLX project, i.e. alongside Kernel, wxOil. Does that sound OK or would it be better inside a platform specific support folder?

Phil

I regularly build my executables in a directory below the root of the source, so it would be better if you could build it under this 'target' directory. I think this is quite close to Alex's request as well.

Alex wrote:
>What should really be happening is that the Makefile should /create/
> a bundle, and put the target app in it (say under a target called
> "make bundle" if it's hard to modify the main target). If there
> is some command-line way to do this, it will be easy enough
> to put it in the makefile.
>
> So excuse the dumb question, but what exactly /is/ a bundle. If it's
> one of those "directory that can be treated as a file" thingies the
> Mac supports, subversion isn't going to see it as anything except
> a file or a directory, so it probably won't satisfy your requirement.

SVN will be able to handle it, a bundle is just a special layout of file and directories, just like an Archimedes !Application file as Phil said.

   Luke