[XaraXtreme-dev] Tools folder - what is it good for?

Title: Tools folder - what is it good for?

Folks,

We have this "tools" folder that is supposed to contain tool source code. BUT:
* It's not immediately obvious whether this source code is Oil or Kernel (because it's outside both the wxOil and Kernel folders). I know it's Kernel code but we should be clearer about that.

* The source code inside the tools folder implements general-purpose Operations, some of which are called from the Kernel and so it's not purely tools code.

* The tool resources are /not/ stored in the tools folder but in wxOil/xrc, so the tools code is not modular - it relies on the central resources.

The tools folder used to have some point when the tools were actually built as separate DLLs but I think now it's pointless and confusing.

We could:
A. Move the tools folder into Kernel as it stands.
B. Move the tools folder into Kernel and move the Op files into Kernel leaving just tools in the tools folder.
C. Just move all the tools files into Kernel and get rid of tools folder entirely.
D. Leave it as it is.

Thoughts, anyone?

Phil

(Apologies if you seen this message somewhere else before…)