[XaraXtreme-dev] Debian Packages for XaraLX

Hi everybody,

on http://people.debian.org/~nomeata/xaralx/, you can find debian source
and binary (i386) packages for XaraLX[1], the recently GPL-freed vector
drawing application. The packages are there for public review of both
the program itself and the packaging work.

Please note that until XaraLX can be uploaded to debian, two things have
to happen: The CDraw library (currently included as a binary) has to be
freed, and wxwidgets 2.6.3 has to be uploaded to debian.

The current package is built with version 2.6.1 of wxwidgets, which is
in Debian, but causes some slider problems.

Also, the current packages does not have any sensible build-depends yet.
I will figure them out later, but if you happen to compile it on your
machine, I'll be glad to accept hints that shorten my
trial-and-error-using-pbuilder time :-)

Also, there is no manpage for XaraLX yet. Debian requires a manpage for
every binary, so some short descriptive manpage should be created.
@XaraLX-developers: Are you going to do that some time? Then I can skip
that step.

The package description is not yet perfect. Currently, it contains too
much MarketSpeak, I'd prefer a more objective description. Suggestions
are very welcome.

Of course, any kind of comment, criticism and contribution is welcome.

Greetings,
Joachim

[1] http://www.xaraxtreme.org/

--