Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] font function is disable

In message <3679C74E169274B1E93D6755@[192.168.100.25]>
          Alex Bligh <alex@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> --On 27 March 2006 18:27 +0800 Bobber Cheng <bobber.cheng@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> My compiled xara has disabled font function button? Is font function not
>> implemented on GPL version or it need other things?
>
> Text isn't yet working. We need to get the FreeType integration working.
> Martin Wuerthner is working on it right now. He says he can see text
> rendering on his local copy. Feel free to give him a hand if you can
> though from the sound of it Martin said he'd got a fair way (there were
> some preliminary check-ins dealing with font caching last week).

I have got text rendering working here for wxGTK builds and I am
currently trying to work out how to best check things in, which is a
bit tricky because my implementation is for the
GTK/Pango/fontconfig/FreeType chain only, not for MacOS builds, so I
will have to add some empty MacOS stubs and then hope that they
compile OK so I do not break the Mac builds when I check things in.

I guess that Bopper's question really was about the text tool, which
is still some way off. Enabling text rendering does at least enable a
few other things, e.g., here, I can select text objects and move them,
apply a shadow, etc., though without the text tool enabled, for
obvious reasons, text cannot be created or edited.

Martin