Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Text rendering implementation

Thanks Martin, I'll check in this afternoon.

Phil

On 30 Mar 2006, at 13:58, Martin Wuerthner wrote:

OK, time to check in an initial version of text rendering. As a first
step, this is the OIL level support. Find attached below patches for a
few files and the main new file wxOil/ftfonts.cpp.

The functionality is wxGTK-specific, so most of the code should be
ignored on non-GTK builds. I have tried simulating a non-GTK build by
undefining __WXGTK__ where appropriate, and it seemd to build OK here,
so I hope I do not break non-GTK builds.

wxOil/fontbase.h:
added  a symbol DISABLE_TEXT_RENDERING that is set on non-GTK builds
and that can be used in the Kernel to disable services that rely on
working OIL font support

wxOil/fontbase.cpp:
corrected font ascent/descent handling with FTFontMan

wxOil/Makefile.am:
added fontbase.cpp, ftfonts.cpp and textfuns.cpp to build list

wxOil/textfuns.cpp:
disabled Windows-specific code, converted a few types

wxOil/ftfonts.cpp:
the main FreeType font rendering manager

Martin
<patch8.txt>
<ftfonts.cpp>