Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Xara Xtreme 4.0 released

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 7:39 AM, Phil Martin <phil@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  You're right. I can't deny that. The open source community appears to be
> simple enough in concept but in practice it's Byzantine and I just don't
> have time to get to grips with it. It seems to be much more interested in
> its own governing rules and systems than on achieving results. My day-to-day
> focus is on making Xara Xtreme do new and better things.

Phil: I think I understand how you feel. I, too, usually feel bored,
sometimes annoyed, and almost always uninterested in the lengthy
license-centric holy wars on open source forums. I, too, tend to focus
on making Inkscape do new and better things. I'm sure there are many
people like me, you just don't hear from them much.

Yet, it often happens that all those noisy license lawyers and
nitpickers turn out to be right _in the long run_. And their concerns,
petty as they may seem at first, turn out to be very real. So, I
learned to respect their alertness and uncompromising positions. They
are an important part of the open source community. It wouldn't be so
successful as it was without those obsessed with "byzantine rules".

--
bulia byak
Inkscape. Draw Freely.