Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Xara LX 0.5 Release

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 23.05.2006, 18:59 +0100 schrieb Neil Howe:
> Xara are pleased to announce a milestone target has been achieved with
> the release of Xara Xtreme LX version 0.5.

I am pleased to announce that I have just uploaded the 0.5 release to
the debian archive, it will be available from a debian mirror near you
within the next day. As this is the first usable release, I closed the
"artificial bug" that prevented xaralx from entering testing (aka
"etch"), so it will migrate into etch in about ten days and probably be
included in the next stable release.

Currently, xaralx binaries are only available for i386, because we do
not auto-build the non-free repository. As soon as xaralx is free,
though, expect to have binaries (any maybe even users) on half a dozen
different architectures more.

Debian conducts opt-in package usage statistics, called "populartiy
contest". Here is the graph for xaralx:
http://people.debian.org/~igloo/popcon-graphs/index.php?packages=xaralx
(important is installed =has the package installed, and vote=has used it
recently). I expect these numbers to keep growing as xaralx matures.

Thanks for including the desktop file; naturally, the debian package
installs it.

Greetings from the Distrubtion Packaging Front,

Joachim

PS: I hope this dissipates any worries about distributions being slow to
pick up new releases :-)

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
Debian Developer