Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Handling SEGV etc. and recovering

Vasil,

After crash-me-ptr is selected for a second time a sigsegv is delivered
(of course) and after I type `continue' in the debugger a sigsegv is
immediately delivered again and I am again at the (gdb) prompt, after
typing `continue' this just repeats:

(gdb) c
Continuing.

0x085d1fbc in wxFontEnumerator::OnFontEncoding ()
(gdb) c
Continuing.

What if you step line by line? (i.e. do "next"). It could be
that it is not restoring the signal handler and it's crashing in
OnFontEncoding it could be the same SEGV occurring multiple times,
or it could be that somehow the signal is not getting cleared in
the error handler.

What should happen after you type "next" (a couple of times)
after a SEGV is it should step into the routine which brings up
the error box (camelot.cpp). The first SEGV obviously does this.
The subsequent one seems to try and get there (disabled error
box) but I'm interested to know what happens next. It sounds
like something in the box handling itself is SEGV'ing or
something.

I'm interested it is crashing in wxFontEnumerator::OnFontEncoding.
Was that from CrashMePtr? That's not where it is meant to crash...

Alex