Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] XCode - built Mac Version will not display wxXtra SplashScreen

On 29/06/06, Alex Bligh <alex@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ben,

[ snip ]

So, what's the call stack? I'd be prepared to bet it's an error box
trying to appear if you are right and IsKindOf() is returning false.
Perhaps it can't load the splash bitmap.

Sorry, I am not running a Xara-capable system at present, maybe in a
few hours, maybe tomorrow. I hadn't thought of an error box; but if
you are happy with guesswork, then my thinking for several weeks has
been that lower level code was not reading a PNG, and that the bitmap
construction was failing. I was puzzled why IsOK( ) was returning true
on pSplashBitmap [and thought that this might be a weirdness in wx]. I
tried to put some TRACE statements into the AdvSplashScreen code until
I grasped the fact this was wx code and not Xara, and on my command
line system (which I try to keep close to 'official') I don't called
the AdvSplashScreen code at all - I couldn't fiond any way of doing so
safely, and I was fairly sure that the pSplashBitmap was faulty. (Also
wxWidgets even in the debug builds seems to miss a lot of
opportunities for sanity checking)

Working on the 'Xcode personal' system, that code is still in, which
is how I came to get enough information to finger the TLW constructor.

I suspect that when the hurly-burly is done, the root cause will be
found in the png to bitmap code still not byte-swapping, it would be
nice to have better diagnostics, but since I hope that these will not
be needed for long, I can't really make a case for spending time on
that.

Ben