RE: [XaraXtreme-dev] Text on path indents

Unfortunately there is another complication/inconsistency.  The current
code has difficulties doing a wrapping text story on a closed path.  If
you click to type on a closed path you get a non-wrapping text story
(this is why the user in the forums recently couldn't see the margin
blobs).  There is very little point in having multi-line text on a
closed shape as each "line" is simply offset perpendicularly to the path
from the previous "line" so the complete rings of text end up
overlapping.

If you have a wrapping text story and you fit it to a closed shape then
it does remain wrapping but the two margin blobs are draw at the same
place and the EORing thus makes them invisible.  They can still be
dragged but it is not possible to make the story straddle the "start" of
the closed path.  The dragging operations ensure that the left margin is
always before the right measuring from the first point of the path.

When wrapping text stories were implemented it was decided (wrongly, in
my opinion) to make clicking on an open path create a wrapping text
story.  Originally, before wrapping was implemented, it would simply
insert a kern code to make the text start at the click position.  It
would have been more consistent to leave the click behaviour as it was
for both open and closed paths and require the user to drag the margin
extent on the curve if they want a wrapping text story just like they
have to do on the page.  E.g. the curve is simply a constraint on where
the baseline of the story can be...

This could also allow the direct creation of wrapping text stories on
closed paths (with a little extra work to allow the text story to
straddle the "start" of the closed path where the left margin would
conceptually be further along the path than the right margin).  This
could be useful if the user sets the margins to a sensible portion of
the shape.

Gerry