Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Keypresses (was Re: [XaraXtreme-commits] Commit Complete)

Alex Bligh wrote:
Luke,

You can get a wxVListBox in a normal dialog. Would a better fix not
be to look up the parent hierarchy until EITHER you get to the top
OR you find the window IsKindOf one of the classes (wxTextControl,
wxComboCtrl etc.), and if the latter (but not the former), return -1?
That way it will cope with subcontrols of all the listed classes.

Alex
Alex,

That's not a problem. All the area of code I've changed is doing is inhibiting _our_ special handling of keypress for those types of control. Returning -1 tells wx to do its thing on the event (and hence controls in dialogs will be OK, in fact code further on in the function will return -1 for these anyway).

I've implemented you suggestion, since it seems a little more generic.

   Luke