Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Landscape printing

Alex Bligh wrote:
Luke,

No, the printer is doing all the rendering work (it being PS based). This
is probably why printing seems so slow. The printer is a HP Color
LaserJet 4500, via JetDirect. Once XaraLX has finished printing processor
usage drops to zero (but I imagine that the printers processor usage
sticks at 100%).

OK conveniently enough I have exactly the same printer as you, also
via JetDirect. Mine takes ages to render the PostScript in Windows mode
too, but prints very quickly using the PCL driver. Are you sure when you
are printing in Windows you are using the PS driver?

Alex
Hmmm, on Windows the PS driver takes just as long and fails before it completes amurdove.

   Luke