Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Startup problems due to help

Tobias Burnus wrote:
Hi Neil,

Neil Howe wrote:
Ok, so we'll make it so that the location can be set at compile time. If
not set at compile time (the default) then we'll work out the location
relative to the executable, as currently.

Are people happy with there being just 1 root directory under which all
Xara LX resource files (help, movies, examples, etc.) are stored? I much
prefer this for simplicity.
I think it is ok, but I wouldn't mind if it would be not to difficult to
change
/usr/share/xaralx/doc into e.g. /usr/share/docs/xaralx. At least if a
Linux distribution builds an .rpm or .deb, they probably want to change
this. Thus it would be nice if they don't have to patch too many files.
I don't think this is necessarily the case, for example gnome puts all it's help files in /usr/share/gnome/help (certainly on FC5). The /usr/share/docs/[APP] directory is usually used for release documents, author lists, etc (the chaff documents that are in the root of the source release).
Were does the manpage end up? I cannot find anything at
http://www.xaraxtreme.org/developers/documentation/autopackage_installation.html
The usual manpage directories. If it doesn't yet it should do 8-)

   Luke