Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Text tool shortcuts

In message <44C0AA57.6000905@xxxxxxxx>
          Luke Hart <lukeh@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The text tool needs to handle the char event since this is the only that
> can correct handle unicode characters. Having said this I can't get the
> cursor keys to nudge the text, what had focus when you saw the text
> being nudged?

I never saw the text being nudged. If that happened the problem would
have been found earlier. What happens is that when you move the caret
in the text using the cursor keys "Undo nudge" entries appear in the
menu. They are there because the nudge operation is indeed called but
does not really move anything because only the caret is selected.

Apart from the menu entry this bogus nodge operation causes a text
reformat operation each time the caret is moved, which is not exactly
efficient (though it was great while developing the new formatting
code because it meant that wrong formatting was "fixed" just by moving
the cursor through it :-)).

Martin