Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Bitmap export options

Charles Moir wrote:
In summary: Dialog B as you refer to is deprecated. It's a legacy subset
of the current export dialog. It provides no features or benefits that
are not done better in the modern export dialog.

The new (after 0.7) export process is
* User decides he wants to export as a bitmap. Select 'Export as bitmap'
* User plays with various sizes, palette AND file types form the export
dialog. There are two previews and so they can compare any two
combinations including comparing say PNG against JPEG.
* This gives live preview of all exports types than can be previewed.
Show 'no preview available' for types than can't be previewed.
* This dialog is meant to give a very clear indication as to whether the
Left or Right preview is the active one, so it's mean to be obvious
which one will be exported when they click the Export button.
* They will now be asked a filename using standard Save dialog (they
have already decided the type).

This process is far more logical. It avoids the utterly, utterly mad
filetype selection of GTK. It means they can preview the export without
having to enter a filename first (really annoys me that).

I agree it's far more logical.

However the following are still unclear to me:
* Is the file type that they chose the the one of the left or the
  one on the right (there are two combo boxes in Xtreme)?

* Does the file type list now list ALL available types (not just
  the previewable ones) (I think Neil answered that one "yes")?

* Am I correct that there will be no need for chosing the file
  type (again) in the following standard save box, because as
  you've said they've already selected the type. So the box
  can say "Export as JPEG" (or whatever), and thus won't suffer
  from the lunatic sized file-format menu.

As Neil says I'm not expecting any of this to work in 0.7, and
my question re 0.7 was more directed to determining what (if
anything) I neeed to do so the ImageMagick stuff doesn't break
the preview dialog (given it doesn't have preview but does
use the dialog).

Alex