Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Build problems on Mac

Alex Bligh schrieb:
>> The problem /might/ be to do with where you've include the wx file. Try
>> including from the header from which all the others are included (I
>> forget
>> which right now).
>
> yep this will be it - gcc bug 13675. Put it where all the other header
> includes are (stdwx.h I think) and you'll be fine.

Ok, that worked out. Thanks!

I'm almost able to build XaraLX, I have the following problem in the
final stage:

g++ Kernel/*.o wxOil/*.o tools/*.o wxXtra/*.o --debug -L./libs/darwin
-L/opt/local/lib  -L/opt/local/lib -L/opt/local/lib -framework QuickTime
-framework IOKit -framework Carbon -framework Cocoa -framework System
-lwx_macu-2.6   -L/opt/local/lib -lxml2 -lz -lpthread -L/opt/local/lib
-liconv -lm -lCDraw -o XaraLX
/usr/bin/ld: warning prebinding disabled because dependent library:
/opt/local/lib/libwx_macu-2.6.0.dylib is not prebound
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_jpeg_CreateCompress
_png_error

So apparently my libpng and libjpeg installation in /opt/local/lib is
not found, obviously I configured with

./configure --disable-svnversion
--with-wx-config=/opt/local/bin/wx-config LDFLAGS="-L/opt/local/lib
-lpng -ljpeg"

If I add the LDFLAGS manually to the above g++ command, it runs through
just fine. Why is LDFLAGS not honored here?

Now, the compiled binary is huge (more than 750MB), I could strip it
down to 13MB later on, but why is it so huge in first instance? After
all I didn't provide --enable-debug in the configure line. Should I try
--disable-debug here explicitely?

And finally, if I try to start the (stripped) XaraLX binary, a teaser
window is opened telling me that I'm starting XaraLX 0.7 Linux Version,
but then nothing. The activity monitor tells me a constant 100% load,
but nothing happens, for minutes. The vm size of the process doesn't
grow either.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance,
Thomas.