Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Move from CDraw to AGG

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 09:43:54 +0000, Luke Hart wrote:
> AGG is currently much more efficient than Cairo (my simple tests
> indicated getting on for an order of magnitude), so may well be better
> in the short term.

Could you provide some of those tests to the cairo community, (or even
just point them out to me here, or privately).

There was a Mozilla-sponsored Summer of Code project last year to
implement an AGG backend for cairo---with the hope being that any
performance benefit that AGG has could become part of cairo itself.

That backend did become functional, but the timings suggested it
wasn't significantly faster than the software in cairo that it was
replacing.

So I'm curious to see why you came up with such different results in
your comparison.

-Carl