Re: Please test static .deb package Was: [XaraXtreme-dev] 0.4 Release

Joachim Breitner <nomeata@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> The package still has dependencies, as the other libs are still pulled
> dynamically. I have removed all versioning from these dependencies, and
> I'd like to ask anyone who runs a version of Ubuntu or Debian etch or
> sarge to install these packages and check if they run with your versions
> of these libraries. It works just fine on debian unstable.

I installed the package on my Ubuntu pre-Dapper system (updated
yesterday). After starting the binary, it took some time to bring up
the splash screen (which, BTW, you can't seem to click away, just
like OpenOffice.org - annoying!), and then something started to
consume a lot of CPU. Looking with top, I saw that it was Xgl. Xara
LX didn't come up in the minute I waited, so I killed it. I realize
that running Xgl is something unusual still, so I'm not complaining.

I'll be away until Monday, so I can't help with more info until
then, sorry.

Cheers,
  Colin