Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Galleries and focus handling

Charles, Alex,

Can you summarise the conclusions you've reached from this discussion, please? It's difficult to extract them from these snipped- up email exchanges.

I propose to clarify the rules to say that in Modeless dialogs:
* The Return keypress should commit uncommited values and should be thought of as being associated with an Apply button, whether an Apply button exists or not and whether it's labelled Apply or not. The Return keypress should return focus to the Active View. * The Escape keypress should abandon any uncomitted values and should be thought of as being associated with a Cancel button as above. The Escape keypress should return focus to the Active View.
* Neither keypress should close the dialog.

I could also say that a modeless dialog or its controls may choose to interpret other keypresses as commands to close the modeless dialog according to whatever seems best under the native operating system and/or hotkey configuration???

Phil