Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Re: configure.in:305: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GNU_GETTEXT

Alex Bligh wrote:
Alex Bligh wrote:
Vasil Dimov wrote:
because all the links (they come with the archive) in the po/
subdirectory point to files in /usr/share/gettext/ whereas these files
are located in /usr/local/share/gettext/ on FreeBSD. After relinking
these links the configure step succeeds, with these warnings:

It can't be right that files in subversion (or in the tar file)
have hard-linked paths. Surely we need to arrange for configure
to create these links? Any idea how other packages do this?

It would seem that the norm is to run both autopoint and
autoreconf from autogen.sh, which is the first thing to run.
So I propose something like this:

Actually autoreconf is meant to do this. But rather dumbly to
determine that, it looks for the macro name as the first character
of the line, not taking into account any whitespace. r1242
fixes this.

This will cause the (bad) paths to be overwritten on
"autoreconf -f -i -s" (I've just tried it). I still think they
should be taken out of svn, or (if we insist on having them there
for people who don't want to run autoreconf) have them as
the "autoreconf -f -i" versions (i.e. the files themselves,
not the symbolic links). Thinking about it I would have thought
the latter is the thing to do.

Alex