Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Re: configure.in:305: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GNU_GETTEXT

Phil Martin wrote:
Alex, Vasil, Luke,

I simply watch these discussions, I don't want to to get involved with this nightmarish system, but:

Is the double ".in" extension on Vasil's error line significant (Makefile.in.in)? Something's appending ".in" to a filename that already ends ".in". Maybe this is what you're all talking about indirectly?

No. Makefile.in.in makes Makefile.in which makes Makefile (broadly).
IE it is the po/ equivalent of Makefile.am.

I think I've fixed Vasil's main issue now, but we still have the
problem of the symlinks rather than the files being in svn. I
think we can (and should) fix that simply by someone doing an
"autoconf -f -i" build and checking the result in, rather than
an "autoconf -f -i -s" build. However, this will mean whenever
any of us run "autoconf -f -i -s" we will have to be careful
not to check the result in (this is in essence the difference
between maintainer mode and non-maintainer mode - it should
be possible for those just building to check out, run
./configure, and go). Anyway, I'm waiting for Luke to comment
given he put all the autoconf stuff in place.

Alex