Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] XCode project

Chapter 2

On 29/05/06, Phil Martin <phil@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've checked in an Xcode project that nearly builds the current LX
source code. It has numerous issues:
* It fails to link in libxml2 at the moment.
* It has absolute paths in it that need to be altered when used on
other machines.

I think in four places:
      o The includes directory for wx/wx.h and wx/setup.h
      o The Scripts/build-resources.pl
      o The libraries for wxWidgets
      o The include directories for jpeg and png (see below)

* It refers to png and jpeg header files directly in wxMac source
code (as a temporary means of re-using png and jpeg libs in wxMac)
* build-resources.pl does not find the svn command and a bodged
version number is supplied.
* I'm not sure whether it builds Universal Binaries at the moment.

Also, your project says build only i386
      o Suggest modifying this to (nil) XCode will assume NATIVE_BUILD

Note: Building a non-Native product is really only needed for deployment
builds, development builds could be specific to your own environment, to
save your time.
See http://homepage.mac.com/simx/technonova/C1766861589/E327211904/index.html
and http://www.zengobi.com/blog/2006_03_01_archive.html

Ben