Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Re: configure.in:305: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GNU_GETTEXT

Gerry Iles wrote:
I'm not objecting to the rename but it might be better to "fix" the
issues with the setting of the various variables (CPPFLAGS, CXXFLAGS,
AM_ etc) so that the build commands have the -I's in the correct order
(and also don't duplicate lots of the settings, e.g. same stuff is put
in CPPFLAGS and CXXFLAGS which is incorrect).

But what /is/ the correct order? Assume foo.h is both a system header
and one of our headers, if we find
  #include "foo.h"
or
  #include <foo.h>

in a file (and it seems we have to use the same search path), then if
that file is a system file, we want to find the system header, if it's
our file we want to find our header. So we are going to be
stuffed either way. One used to be able to fix this by specifying
different search paths for "" and <> includes. But I can't see how
to do this any more... Any solutions welcome as we should really
fix this properly.

That said, using a name like "strings.h" (which is a POSIX standard
header) is just asking for trouble...

Alex