Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] mplayer binary

Vasil,

On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 03:24:30PM +0100, Alex Bligh wrote:
How is the mplayer binary meant to work on non-i386 systems, or
non-Linux systems?

Distributing this file in SVN:

% file bin/mplayer
seems completely brain-damaged to me. Not to mention the license issues.

I think that's a bit OTT. I have no problem (assuming the license issue
is fixed) with linux 32bit i386 binaries being in svn, if they are only
being used to go into a linux i386 installer. svn seems like an
appropriate method of version control (assuming the rest of the
autopackage stuff is there).

What my original objection was to (and I don't even know if we are
doing this) was /relying/ on it, or using it in preference to
a system mplayer (or other ogg-playing utility) if the source
code is built ourselves.

IE from a FreeBSD or Debian or whatever point of view, we should
be able to build a package and have it work, ignoring the
distributed mplayer.

That leaves the only issue as the wasted space/bandwidth for
svn users who ignore it. This seems a bit of a trivial issue
when compared to the movie itself.

Alex