Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Re: mplayer binary

Charles Moir wrote:

I'd MUCH prefer that we use wxMediaPlayer - it's the only right solution
to be honest, and one that should work cross - platform.

+1. But using mplayer (or for that matter just doing gnome-open
on the file) sounds like a fair-enough temporary workaround
provided it's done in such a way that the system installed
movie player can work too. If we did this the same as the
way we are launching html help - i.e. by opening the
URL file://[] etc., it would then work on any
movie player which was there (like clicking on the file) - this
would also work cross-platform.

Alex