Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Printing on Linux

Hello,

Charles Moir wrote:
> Alex said
>
>> Actually that's not quite true. We do output gradfills as a
>> postscript procedure. It's in essence a sequence of clipped
>> rectangles.
>>

> That's good. Suggests it should be quite easy to replace that procedure
> with one that output proper grad fills.

I don't mind to have transparency and gradients in the PostScript
output; this should work with PostScript 3 printers and with a (not too
old) Ghostscript. However, I still would like to create optionally
PostScript-2.0-compatible files. (Here, we are required to send *.ps
files to a PS Level 2 poster printer, they won't accept any other format.)

Tobias