Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Re: Success

Ben,

--On 13 June 2006 09:30 +0100 Ben Fowler <ben.the.mole@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There might be some things that could still stand in the way of a
first-timer, namely,

* The 'build resources' script and the 'wxrc' executable

These should not be problematic. I understand xcode lets you run a
script before you build. You can just run buildresources.pl with the
appropriate flags, and it will do it all (or not do anything) as
required.

I understand Phil has them working. If this /is/ problematic I'd
like to know why as half the reason I converted it to a perl script
(from Makefile voodoo) was so Phil could run it from XCode.

The wxrc executable is just that - an executable. You can pass a path
to it on the command line for buildresources.pl

(The wxXtra files will not compile inside the current project file,
because they are not compatible with the Xara prefix header: We need
either to fix the incompatibility - which seems to result from wxXtra
pulling in old Classic Mac headers - or more reasonably provide a
wxXtra target which does not use the Xara prefix header (if my
understanding of the status of wxXtra is correct, then it does not
need this prefix file)).

wxXtra should not and cannot require the .pch file. wxXtra is entirely
deliberately build as a separate library that does not depend on Camelot,
under the wxWidgets license (as opposed the straight-forward GPL) and
contains wxWidgets code. We should definitely not be integrating into our
own app. Moreover, you may even break things by including the PCH (perhaps
you are saying it does break things). So it  sounds like this is a separate
target.

BTW if wxXtra is bringing in old classic mac headers it's probably
wxgetmousestate that does it. That shouldn't even be compiling anything
if you have wxWidgtets 2.6.3. Separate issue I know...

Alex