[XaraXtreme-dev] Debugging View::RenderOptimalView - request for assistance

I am (attempting) to debug by EPS export stuff, which uses
a bitmap and which to print as postscript. If I just use
simple mode, I get an output, albeit one without transparency.
Now I have reenabled thie OptimalView stuff I get far less
output (but still clearly the right document).

What is the best way to go about debugging this stuff? Is
there (for instance) some secret-squirrel control to make
the normal (displayed) view use OptimalView instead (i.e.
render stuff into subsidiary bitmaps etc.)? Any hints?

Alex