Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Moview replay progress

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 16.06.2006, 15:50 +0100 schrieb Luke Hart:
> Part of the reason that this document was produced now was to get
> feedback from the community about which direction looks like its best
> (or even if you can think of a better way). So we'd very much like to
> hear your comments.

>From the Debian side I wish I could say: Go ahead using mplayer, the
Debian package can then just Depend: on Debian's mplayer package.
Unfortunately, Debian and mplayer have a non-ideal common history, with
bad flames and lots of trouble about dubious code licences and legally.
Currently, an mplayer package suitable for debian in in the NEW queue,
but has been there for several month.

OTOH, as a distributor (speaking for all of us, I guess), it is no
problem to make sure the proper gstreamer plugins are installed, as long
as they are available in the distribution anyways, just like we make
sure the proper wxWidget and gtk libraries are available.

Personally, altough I like mplayer, think that a library based approach
as wxWidget provides will be more stable and provide better UI
integration.

So at the moment, I'd suggest to take the wxMediaCtrl-path.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner