Re: Templates? (was Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] XCode - The main goal)

Ben Fowler wrote:
On 26/06/06, Alex Bligh <alex@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
--On 26 June 2006 13:21 +0100 Phil Martin <Phil@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> BTW: Creating a new document always loads a template document from disk.
> Sounds like your build is failing to locate the right file. That'll
> probably be an issue with "binreloc" on the Mac.

Nope, creating a new document does NOT always load a template document
from
disk. I never run with templates on disk. It falls back to loading
templates from the resources (i.e. the zip file which is built into the
executable itself) if it can't find them. And we know things load out of
that, else the default bitmap wouldn't load (which causes complete
meltdown) and none of the bitmap buttons would appear.

The bitmap buttons appear for me. It is certainly possible that I am
failing to load a template from the zipped resources, but that would
not be my first thought ...

Ben.
Are you using a PPC based Mac? I had noticed that the PPC Linux version of has similar issues. I had put this down to endian issues, but it you're have the same problem on an Intel the root cause may be different.

   Luke