Re: Templates? (was Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] XCode - The main goal)

On 26/06/06, Ben Fowler <ben.the.mole@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 26/06/06, Alex Bligh <alex@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> --On 26 June 2006 13:21 +0100 Phil Martin <Phil@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > BTW: Creating a new document always loads a template document from disk.
> > Sounds like your build is failing to locate the right file. That'll
> > probably be an issue with "binreloc" on the Mac.
>
> Nope, creating a new document does NOT always load a template document
> from disk. I never run with templates on disk. It falls back to loading
> templates from the resources (i.e. the zip file which is built into the
> executable itself) if it can't find them. And we know things load out of
> that, else the default bitmap wouldn't load (which causes complete
> meltdown) and none of the bitmap buttons would appear.

The bitmap buttons appear for me. It is certainly possible that I am
failing to load a template from the zipped resources, but that would
not be my first thought ...

For anyone following along, you are quite right.

At http://downloads.xara.com/opensource/doxygen/html/camdoc_8cpp-source.html
line 00325, the  OpenwxFSFile call fails and so both f and Filename
are NULL; This triggers the 'else' clause at line 00373.

I am not quite sure why the Open call fails. It might be a problem
with the filename, I have

2160 May 21 17:33 ./Templates/800 by 600 drawing.xar
4211 May 28 15:45 ./wxOil/xrc/800_by_600_drawing.xar

where the first figure is the file size. I have a feeling that the
code tries to open the version with spaces, but I am not certain that
it has the path correct. Does this ring any bells?

Ben