Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] movie(s) path

On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 09:21:59AM +0100, Luke Hart wrote:
> Vasil Dimov wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Looking at wxOil/menucmds.cpp I see that the path where the .ogm movie
> >is expected to be is hardcoded. So I tried to invent something to be
> >able to configure this path at compile time. One possible way to do
> >this is to use this patch:
> >
> Vasil,
>
> The movie code is actively being developed at the moment, so it's best
> to ignore the state it's in. Also as Alex mentioned it's using binreloc,
> so there shouldn't be any need to configure the path. Having said that
> I'd like to hear why you felt that it does need configuring, so I can
> make sure that it covers your needs.

In FreeBSD the movie cannot/shouldn't be installed in /usr/share/ and
that's why I want to change the hardcoded default (/usr/share) at
compile time. One possible way is to create a simple patch that does
change /usr/share/ to whatever it should be. And then this patch will be
applied everytime a user wants to compile XaraLX via the FreeBSD port.
It's just the burden that I am trying to avoid to support this patch
when the source evolves.

--
Vasil Dimov
gro.DSBeerF@dv

Testing can show the presence of bugs, but not their absence.
                -- Edsger W. Dijkstra