Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Text on path indents

Martin,

When reading this I somehow cannot help thinking that there must be a misunderstanding.

So for clarification...

> There are no "other" ruler blobs. There are the text
on path indent blobs and there are ruler blobs (namely 4 types of tab stops plus left/right and first line indent blobs).

... I was talking about showing these (the 4 types of tab stops, first
and left line etc.), the same place as the indent blobs are currently
shown, i.e. below the first line of text, as well as on the ruler,
so you could see the tabs stops along a curve.

> These are
completely different things with different scopes (whole story as opposed to paragraph) so there is no reason why they should be displayed together.

... and they would clearly have to change depending on where the
caret was in that story. It's not that I want them together, it
was so you can see where a tabstop is on a curve (or rotated
text).

I agree with Charles that this isn't a priority. I also agree that
displaying a proper ruler on the page with the correct rotation
and curviness above the text rather than below it would be
better (hmmm, curvy rulers, anyone? :-) ) but is even less of
a priority.

> The text on path indent blobs are just like the
text frame handles in a DTP program. These handles are never shown on the ruler bar, for good reasons.

Sure, though as you said in your previous message, it would be good
to have them represented in a read-only way on the ruler so you
can set tabs relative to them. Otherwise it makes it kind of hard
to set a useful right tabstop.

Alex