Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Current/default font

Martin,

You are premising your argument re the default attributes
on the following two assumptions:
1. That the default attribute is and will always be Times New Roman
   even if it isn't installed
2. That the behaviour Phil describes whereby an attribute is
   saved (not 'is in tree outside the default attribute
   set', but 'saved') even when then the object is in the font
   used in the default attributes is a bug.

(1) is begging the question - IE you are basing your argument
on an assumption which we are arguing is incorrect. I don't see
why it's a good idea to have a default attribute which is in
a font which may not be installed? Perhaps I'm missing something
here.

(2) I understood to be deliberate, rather than a bug. Precisely
so that documents do not rely on the default font attribute
and so it can be changed.

There's an easy way to settle this, which is to save a document
with a single text story in times new roman (the default attribute).
If it has a font attribute of any sort in the /file/ then there
is no danger in changing the default attributes. Yes? As then
if we change them to the appropriate substitution, and use
just that in a document, the file will also (I presume) save
that out as an attribute, yes? If, on the other hand, these
two tests don't work, and NO font attribute is saved in the
file, then Phil is wrong, you are right, and we can't change
default attributes which means we will have to live
with the situation where the default attribute can represent
an uninstalled font.

Alex