Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Current/default font

In message <44C8B6B7.6070701@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          Alex Bligh <alex@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Martin Wuerthner wrote:

>> And even if it did, the advantages of changing the current font are so
>> tremendous that would easily outweigh even more important
>> disadvantages than this rather exotic scenario.
>
> We discussed this specifically in the meeting, after discussing
> it ad-nauseam on this list before. The key in the solution is in that
> the conversion is only done if the font is not used in the design.

Yes, makes perfect sense to me. If the font is used in the design,
then there is much less to be gained from changing the current font
anyway. For a start, in that case, the user is not likely to be
surprised by seeing "XXX (missing)" in the text tool anyway because
just a moment before that, he has seen a message "This document uses
font XXX, which is currently not installed.".

> I really do not think we should revisit this decisison.

Yes, fine.

Martin