Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] configure.in:305: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GNU_GETTEXT

On 02/06/06, Vasil Dimov <vd@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 02:24:43PM +0100, Ben Fowler wrote:
> On 02/06/06, Vasil Dimov <vd@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [ snip ]
>
> Do you have a file 'binreloc.m4' ?

Yes there is binreloc.m4 in the current directory, this is the extracted
http://downloads.xara.com/opensource/XaraLX-0.5r1239.tar.bz2

Thanks, Vasil.

Btw this is just a warning, the real problem is the GETTEXT macro.

I don't claim to be a language lawyer, and if I were I would be very
far from having a licence to practice within the autoconf
jurisdiction; but it is quite common for these scripts to under-report
errors and warnings, and I do assure than once your build tree is
correctly established, you will not have that warning, and you must
treat it as an error to be fixed.

On the gettext question, you should go by what Alex has posted (which
is correct).

Don't take this the wrong way if it seems abrupt, but could you
confirm that all you did was download the provided source, check the
instructions and attempt to build it starting from the command
./autogen.sh; if so, I should be able to see the same problem if I
followed those steps. I will have a go, and if I can indeed see this
problem with my own eyes I will file a report in Bugzilla if there is
not one there already.

I think that it is entirely reasonably for outside devs to be able to
build a provided tarball without further help.

Ben