Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Re: Success

On 4 Jun 2006, at 12:53, Alex Bligh wrote:

Ben,
[Snip]

What I meant was you've obviously
put in a lot of hard work to make it compile (and hence a long time).
If the lessons of what you have learnt are made available, it should
(hopefully) be easier for others to do the same, ideally to the level
where they download the sources, install the other prerequisites,
load up the XCode project, hit build, and it all works. If the
it sits there churning away for a few hours, fine (though hardly
a credit to the Mac given it's just running gcc AFAIK), but at least
it doesn't require intervention. I suppose I am asking whether there
are any lessons from what you've done we can take on board to make
it easier for others.

Indeed, Ben, I take it you solved the libxml2 linking problem? A suitable patch would be appreciated if you have it.

Phil