Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Text on path indents

In message <D989F547C295CC698DBB13AB@[192.168.100.25]>
          Alex Bligh <alex@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> --On 05 July 2006 17:05 +0200 Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> Yes, I think this is pretty essential. In word processors, this is
>> often shown on the ruler by having a a white background between the
>> physical margins and a grey background everywhere else. If we were to
>> do that we would have to have a method for tools to render something
>> on the ruler *before* the main ruler is drawn but after the solid
>> ruler background has been drawn (the latter may be drawn by the
>> toolkit anyway?).
>>
>> It would also be good to have some way of moving the right hand margin
>> to coincide with the physical margin, maybe using a double click on
>> the blob?
>
> Perhaps the tab stops and left/right/first-line story margins should
> snap to eachother, and to the left/right physical margins. Snapping
> is going to be pretty essential anyway as there is nothing more annoying
> than not being able to easily set the first line margin to an
> indented story margin.

Yes, though the latter could be achieved easily by double-clicking on
the first line indent blob. Double-clicking on the left margin blob
could reset it to the origin. So, for all three blobs, it would reset
them to their standard positions. Anyway, just an idea. Alternatively,
double-clicking on any blob could also open the numeric editing
dialogue box with this blob selected ready for editing.

> Is there going to be some way to enter these numerically? Or say
> "I want tabs every inch"?

Eventually yes, but probably not for the next release.

Martin