Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] configure.in:305: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GNU_GETTEXT

On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 04:01:10PM +0100, Ben Fowler wrote:
> On 02/06/06, Vasil Dimov <vd@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> On the gettext question, you should go by what Alex has posted (which
> >> is correct).
> >But as Luke noticed this error appears during autoreconf, so obviously
> >it cannot be fixed by a ./configure parameters.
>
> For the avoidance of doubt: You do, I think, very definitely need a
> recent version of gettext (at one time it was the latest version).

$ which gettext
/usr/local/bin/gettext

$ gettext --version
gettext (GNU gettext-runtime) 0.14.5
Copyright (C) 1995-1997, 2000-2005 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
Written by Ulrich Drepper.
$

> You certainly need 0.14.1 or later, but IIRC, there is another
> requirement, videlicet:

$ which autopoint
/usr/local/bin/autopoint

$ autopoint --version
/usr/local/bin/autopoint (GNU gettext-tools) 0.14.5
Copyright (C) 2002-2005 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
Written by Bruno Haible

> If you are getting confused compiling software that needs autopoint,
> on FreeBSD, you probably need to consult with someone knowledgeable
> about FreeBSD, and its tools and utilities. I am very happy to respond
> to and perhaps answer your questions, but my answers will not be as
> concise as those you will get from an expert on your platform!
>
> (Alex and I are singing from the same sheet).
>
> The ability to turn off some i18n features is icing on the cake, and
> probably of no interest to you anyway.

Right :-)

I will do some digging myself and post the results, stay tunned...

--
Vasil Dimov
gro.DSBeerF@dv

Testing can show the presence of bugs, but not their absence.
                -- Edsger W. Dijkstra