RE: [XaraXtreme-dev] XaraLX-0.5r1292.tar.bz2 rerolled

> Neil Howe wrote:
> > Our automatic build names the tar archives using the svn revision
> > number. And there is a build every 3 hours. So if there are no
checkins
> > between one build and the next, the tar archive is simply
overwritten
> > using the same name.
> >
> > If this is a big problem, we could change it so we only build if the
svn
> > revision number has changed.
>
> I think that's a good idea, provided it also ensure that buildlog.txt
> is not modified (so the old build log sticks around). Perhaps if
> the svnversion hasn't changed in 3 hours, it should send a "work
> harder!!" message to dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx too :-)

Well it's only really worth doing if the point raised by Vasil is
important enough now that it's understood why the archive changes.

Having the builds always happen every 3 hours is convenient because we
sometimes make changes that don't change the svn revision, such as
changes to something on the build server itself (like library versions,
CDraw, or the autopackage build tweak I just did).

Neil